Are you using Typeform for your surveys or feedback collection? If so, you’ll be delighted to know that Typeform offers a powerful feature called respondent notifications. This feature allows you to automatically send customized email messages to respondents when they complete your typeform. Not only that, but you can also send them a copy of their answers. Let’s explore this incredible functionality and see how it can benefit you!
Why Respondent Notifications Matter
Respondent notifications are one of the two notification systems available in Typeform. The other system is self notifications, which sends you an email when someone completes a typeform. With respondent notifications, you can achieve several things, such as:
- Express gratitude and thank your respondents for taking the time to fill out your typeform.
- Confirm their orders, ensuring that they have the necessary details and assuring them that their requests are being processed.
- Display their results from the typeform, providing them with instant feedback and a personalized experience.
- Redirect your respondents to another webpage or typeform, ensuring a smooth and seamless journey.
Adding Respondent Notifications to Your Typeform
Setting up respondent notifications is easy and straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Open your typeform from your Workspace and click the Settings (gear) icon on the right-hand side of the Create panel. Then, click Notifications.
- Select the Notify respondents tab.
- Toggle on the “Send a custom email to respondents” button.
Creating a Customized Email Response
Once you’ve enabled respondent notifications, it’s time to customize the email message you’ll be sending out. Here’s how you can do it:
- Specify the email address where you want the respondent notifications to be sent. Remember to include a question about the email address in your typeform to collect this information.
Optionally, you can enter a reply-to address so that respondents can easily reply to the notifications. You can even enter multiple addresses if you want the replies to go to multiple recipients.
Add a subject line for your email notification. You can personalize the subject line by recalling information from your typeform. Just click on the “+” icon or type “@” to select the required information.
- Customize the content of your email message in the Message section. You can personalize the text by recalling answers to specific questions or using Hidden Fields.
Once you’ve finished configuring your notifications, simply hit the Publish button in the top-right corner of the Create panel for the changes to take effect.
Additional Notes on Logic and Email Appearance
If your typeform has Logic to skip questions, the “All answers” variable will only display the questions and answers that the respondent saw in the typeform. Any skipped questions will not appear in the email. However, if you want all questions to appear in the notification email regardless of what the respondent answered, you need to add each question variable separately. In this case, the respondent may see some questions in the email that they did not answer, which will be labeled as “Not asked.”
Curious about how the email will look in your respondent’s inbox? Take a look at this screenshot:
Schedule Regular Email Reports
If you prefer not to send a notification every time your typeform is completed, you have the option to turn off respondent notifications. Instead, you can set up a scheduled report using Digest by Zapier. This allows you to receive summarized emails periodically, containing the necessary information from your typeforms. To learn more about Digest by Zapier, check out their blog, and for detailed instructions on setting it up, refer to Typeform’s complete guide.
Send All Answers to a Respondent
In some cases, you may want to send a notification to a respondent that summarizes all the questions and answers they provided. This can be easily achieved by choosing the “All answers” option in your message. By clicking the “+” button, every respondent will receive an email with all their answers listed underneath each question. Here’s an example of what the email will look like:
With respondent notifications, you can enhance communication with your respondents and provide them with a personalized experience. Whether it’s expressing gratitude, confirming orders, displaying results, or redirecting to other resources, this feature empowers you to engage with your audience effectively. So why wait? Start setting up respondent notifications in your Typeform today and take your surveys to the next level!
Visit Zenith City News for more engaging content and insightful articles.